Join everybody else who is taking advantage of our special online program to safely maintain their work search requirements. Our program allows maintaining job search requirements by taking online career workshops. Digital certificates generated instantly after completing each workshop, which you can download for your records, and they are also backed up on our servers. Join today and remain in compliance with works search requirements before it is too late!
Select your state:
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas
California | Colorado | Connecticut
Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii
Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas
Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland
Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota
Mississippi | Missouri | Montana
Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire
New Jersey | New Mexico | New York
North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio
Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania
Rhode Island | South Carolina
South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas
Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington
West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
Reliacard Unemployment Debit Card Benefits during COVID-19
Skip to main content
Getting your unemployment benefits on the ReliaCard
Many states offer the choice of receiving unemployment benefits on the U.S. BankReliaCard.1The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a surge in unemployment claims and a sharp increase in requests for this card.
To help you find information about using the ReliaCard for unemployment benefits, we’ve pulled together this FAQ list. For more general questions, visit our general ReliaCard FAQ page.
ReliaCard unemployment debit card FAQs
Once your state unemployment agency approves your claim, they will contact us and we’ll mail your card within two business days. You should receive it within 10 business days.
You can check the status of your card any time by visiting our card status tracker. It’s available for all of our unemployment programs except for Arkansas unemployment. For information on unemployment claim processing or other government benefit payments, check with your state unemployment agency.
You can activate your card on the ReliaCard website or the mobile app.
To activate your card via the ReliaCard website, choose Activate Card.
To activate via the mobile app, visit the App Store or Google Play to download the mobile app. Then choose Setup Online Access/Activate New Card.
In some cases, you may receive your ReliaCard before the funds are loaded to the card. Your card will be funded two to three business days after your state unemployment agency has approved your claim. You can monitor the status of your claim and payments by checking your state’s website.
Enroll in Alerts to be notified via text or email when a deposit has been received. Find more information in the How can I keep track of the availability of funds and other activity on my account question.
There are several ways.
- You can make purchases anywhere Visa® and Mastercard® debit cards are accepted.
- Some merchants will allow you to get cash back when using your card to make a purchase.
- You can withdraw cash from ATMs. Check the ReliaCard mobile app or usbankreliacard.com for a list of surcharge-free ATMs.
We placed a fraud block on your account for your protection. There are two ways to remove it.
Use your mobile device to have the block removed within one to two business days.
- Log in to verify.usbank.com/id.
- Upload a picture of your government-issued ID and a selfie.
Use the cardholder website to have the block removed within five business days.
- Log in.
- Select Document upload under Quick Links.
- Select Account restriction – need additional information.
- Select Begin.
- Upload all the required documents listed in the instructions.
It may still be blocked because we couldn’t read your upload or perhaps you didn’t submit all the required information. We know this is frustrating, but please try again.
The best way to monitor activity on your ReliaCard is to sign up for email or text alerts.2 You’ll receive alerts about low balances, funds added to your account, transactions and more.
To sign up via the cardholder website or the mobile app, follow the prompts when you activate your card.
You can also text the following to 90831:
- Text “BAL” for your balance.
- Text “TRANS” for recent transactions.
- Text “HELP” for customer service.
Yes. Follow these steps:
- Log in to usbankreliacard.com.
- Go to the top navigation bar and choose Manage money.
- Choose Pay bills.
- Select the company (the payee) you want to pay from the payee list. If you can’t find them, you can manually enter their name by selecting Add a payee.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and select the payment date.
- Select the Review and pay button.
Schedule your mortgage or rent payment at least five business days before the due date. Find more information after signing in to your account in Bill Pay Terms and Conditions.
You don’t need a PIN for signature-based purchases if you choose Credit when making the purchase. However, you do need one for debit card purchases and cash withdrawals at ATMs.
You’ll choose your four-digit PIN when you activate your card.
Call the number on the back of your ReliaCard and reset your PIN using the automated system. Your card may be locked after too many attempts using the wrong PIN.
If your program allows you to transfer funds to another account, your funds will leave your account immediately. It will take approximately three to five days for the funds to be available in the other account.
No, it does not. The issuing agency is the only source that can load funds to your ReliaCard.
Follow the steps below:
- Call 855-282-6161.
- If the system doesn't recognize your phone number, it will prompt you to enter the phone number associated with your card.
- Enter the last four digits of the card you wish to replace.
- Choose the reason for replacement:
- Select 1 to replace a lost card.
- Select 2 to replace a stolen card.
- Select 3 to replace a damaged card.
- Select 4 to update your name.
- Select 5 to order a replacement card.
If you don’t have all the required information, you can select an option to talk to a customer service representative for help.
Your identity may have been stolen and used to file a fraudulent unemployment claim. The state unemployment agency will help you close the claim and ensure your tax information is correct.
Call the state unemployment agency to report a fraudulent claim. Follow their instructions for reporting the invalid 1099-G form.
If you also received a ReliaCard, please follow the instructions outlined in the question, What if I received a U.S. Bank ReliaCard but have not applied for unemployment benefits.
Before you go, be sure you know:
This link takes you to an external website or app, which may have different privacy and security policies than U.S. Bank. We don't own or control the products, services or content found there.
End of pop up window. Press escape to close or press tab to navigate to available options.
Government prepaid debit cards
A cost-effective way for government agencies to disburse payments.
The U.S. Bank ReliaCard® is an easy way for government agencies to provide a simple, safe way to access funds. For cardholder questions, visit the U.S. Bank ReliaCard cardholder website.
ReliaCard: A reloadable prepaid debit card for government agencies
As a government agency, you need a simple and cost effective way to deliver timely payments. The ReliaCard is that solution, allowing you to efficiently disburse payments while your recipients can safely access their funds.
Benefits for your government agency
- Reduce costs associated with paper checks or vouchers, postage, reconciliation or replacement of lost checks
- Maximize electronic payments with direct deposit
- Complements your existing direct deposit processes
Benefits for your cardholders
- Convenience of funds automatically loaded to their card for as long as they remain eligible, so there’s no need to cash or deposit a check
- Make purchases or withdraw cash and get cash back at participating merchants anywhere Visa® or Mastercard® debit cards are accepted1
- Security if the card is lost or stolen with Zero Liability2
Why choose ReliaCard for government disbursements?
Streamline your administration and eliminate costly paper checks, postage and reconciliation.
There's no need for recipients to have a bank account or pay check-cashing fees. Deposits are made automatically to the card, and funds are available for immediate use wherever Visa or Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
We offer cardholders online and mobile access, alerts, in-network ATMs, online bill pay and customer service.
We invest in the data security, fraud protection and compliance programs needed to protect cardholder security.
What type of government agencies can benefit from a prepaid card program?
- Child care
- Child support
- Health and human services
- Housing authorities
- Pension programs
- Personal income tax returns
- Temporary assistance for families in need
- Trade adjustment assistance
- Unemployment insurance
- Worker's compensation
Ready to get started?
The U.S. Bank ReliaCard is an easy way for government agencies to provide a simple, safe way to access funds. For cardholder questions, visit the U.S. Bank ReliaCard cardholder website.
Start of disclosure content
BS-047 ReliaCard licensing
Card nebraska unemployment
.How to file a weekly claim on NEworks
- Monster energy drink posters
- Lovely day guitar
- General wire sewer machines
- C4 coilover conversion
- Hayward baker salaries
- Account sony mobile ps4
- 1password begin recovery
- Wooden pocketbook
- Crown 3 equine
- Area vice president salary
- Little green software
- Fantasy battle maps
- Lego technic helicopter